A chronicle of the first year of Caleb's life. Share with me the ups, the downs, the joys and the sorrows of this new adventure called fatherhood.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Riding in Style

I have previously mentioned that Nanny is keeping Caleb and another baby, Marissa, during the morning. If she wanted to take the kids outside the nursery, she had to push one in a stroller and carry the other. Marissa's mom went out and got a two seat stroller so that Nanny doesn't have to carry one of the babies. Caleb got his first ride in the two seater today.

Today was a big day for Mom as she resumed classes for her Master's degree program. For the next few weeks, she'll be in class on Wednesday nights. For her to take class, I've got to leave work a little early so I can get hom to take car of Caleb. After I got home, he slept for a little while in his swing.

After he woke up, I loaded up Caleb, the diaper bag and my things for church and headed out to grab some dinner. Caleb sat in his car seat while I ate dinner. I gave him a teething ring to play with, but he was half out of it and didn't show much interest in it. After I got my order, I dropped my bottle of water struggling with the car seat, the diaper bag and a tray of food. I also had a hard time getting into the church building with everything. I have a new appreciation for Mom for doing this every day.

Mom's class got out before bible class was over, so she headed over to the church building to get Caleb so I could attend a meeting after class. After visiting for a few minutes, Mom took Caleb home to get him to bed. When she got to the house, she found him playing with the strap that we use to tighten his shoulder belts. Frankly, I'm amazed it took him this long to discover that strap because it sits at his feet every time he's in the car seat.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Julie is a Wonder Woman!