A chronicle of the first year of Caleb's life. Share with me the ups, the downs, the joys and the sorrows of this new adventure called fatherhood.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

The first order of business is to wish a happy Father's Day to all the dads out there.

Of course today was my first Father's Day as a father. I got to spend the day with Caleb and Mom and that's all I can ask for. However, many people made a special effort to wish me a happy Father's Day on my first one. It was very special for people I care about to make me feel so loved today. Mom made a special effort to make sure this day was meaningful and I am truly grateful to her for that. But to me, and I know this will soundy really cheesy, but it's true, every day with Caleb is special. It is a tremendous blessing to be a father. That little boys is so sweet and cute and he has captured my heart. I love to listen to him, I love to watch him and I love to hold him. If this day had never been created, or we did not acknowledge it, I would still think, to borrow a phrase from Lou Gehrig, that I am the luckiest man on the face of the earth.

Of course, this day began pretty early in Naples. We left in time to be at worship here in Miami. Caleb did much better than Friday night and slept all the way to the church building. After worship, we had a nice lunch with friends from church. In the afternoon, I got a taste of what it must be like to be Santa Claus as we went over to Mom's office so that I could put together a new baby swing which was given to Mom for her to use this summer. We spent the eveing with our life group before coming home and getting ready to face another workweek.

This picture of Caleb is not of anything significant. I just wanted to show off some new pajamas he has been wearing and the dog on his rear end.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy First Father's Day!