A chronicle of the first year of Caleb's life. Share with me the ups, the downs, the joys and the sorrows of this new adventure called fatherhood.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Just Like Dad

From the night Caleb was born, we have thought he strongly favors his Mom's side of the family. As he gets a little bigger, we start to see some of my characteristics. Mom says Caleb has my eyes and my toes. But most of his features are maternal.

However, we have noticed he has one habit that he must have picked up from me. When I was growing up, I was a very restless sleeper. I would wake up in strange positions or I would wake up to find my sheets completely rearranged. We have started to notice Caleb has the same tendency. We first started noticing on his Jungle Gym. We would lay him down straight, but it wouldn't be long before his head would be toward one side of the mat and his feet toward the other. We have also noticed the same tendency when he sleeps. Mom snapped this picture of Caleb in his bassinet this morning. Not only has Caleb gone diagonal, he has somehow scooted himself down toward the footend of the bassinet. It is good to know that Caleb has picked up a few things from me.

No comments: