A chronicle of the first year of Caleb's life. Share with me the ups, the downs, the joys and the sorrows of this new adventure called fatherhood.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, September 1, 2008

Chik-Fil-A Rocks!

I was washing dishes this morning and I got a little cut on my thumb when I was washing a vase that has a chip in it. Mom put a bandaid on my thumb and I put some pressure on it to try and make is stop bleeding. Putting pressure on it actually made the blood stain on the bandaid get bigger. I wasn't sure how deep the cut was nor how much it was actually bleeding so I drew a circle around the stain to see if it was growing. Throught this weekend, Caleb has laughed whenever I loosely cover his face with my hand. I had him this morning and I was playing the game with him. I covered his face with my hand. I pulled my hand away and saw a blue circle on his cheek which had apparently transferred from my thumb to his cheek.

Our main activity to the day was lunch at Chik-Fil-A at the mall. Chik-Fil-A had a promotion today for college football. Everyone who showed up in football themed apparel would receive free chicken strips. As a family, we all got on our Miami clothes and headed out for a cheap lunch. After lunch, Caleb and I were sitting together and Mom was able to take a picture of us showing off our loyalty.

Mom also needed to do some shoe shopping while at the mall. As we were leaving the mall, Mom decided she wanted to cary Caleb. When she picked him up, Mom discovered that Caleb had had an incident with an overflowing diaper. Earlier this week, I had used the additional onesie in the diaper bag, so we ddn't have a change of clothes for Caleb. Instead, the poor boy had to ride home in just his diaper. As you can see it bothered him tremendously.

We got Caleb cleaned up and headed out to a barbecue where we enjoyed some good food, some nice fellowship with folks from church and Mom and Caleb got to go for a swim.

We had a fun day today and hope everyone had a nice Labor Day. It seems appropriate that today is Labor Day since Caleb was born five months today.

No comments: