A chronicle of the first year of Caleb's life. Share with me the ups, the downs, the joys and the sorrows of this new adventure called fatherhood.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, May 2, 2008

One Month Old

Well, Caleb turned one month old on May 1 and Dad fell asleep on the job, literally. It would seem that a month of having a baby around is catching up to Dad. I was on the couch reading for our life group Sunday and Mom reminded me not to fall asleep on the couch before I posted. Well, I did exactly that. I woke up at some point after midnight and was too tired to post, so I put it off until today.

We took remarkably few pictures yesterday considering yesterday was a milestone day. This is a good picture to show off, though, because you can sort of see the progress Caleb has made since we got him home. He is really starting to get plump and might deserving a new nickname along the lines of chubbo. He stomach is starting to pooch out and he is starting to really put the baby fat on his legs. His health is good and he has done so well since we brought him home that the jaundice/bilirubin/weight issues are a distant memory and seem like a dream.

It is hard to believe Caleb has been with us for a whole month. Time is already flying by and I am afraid that if I blink, he will graduate from high school tomorrow. But our lives are so much better having him. It is a joy to come home and see him each day. He is already changing and his level of alertness seems to be improving every day. Caleb is a blessing in our lives for which we will always be grateful.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Borthday Chubbo!