A chronicle of the first year of Caleb's life. Share with me the ups, the downs, the joys and the sorrows of this new adventure called fatherhood.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, May 3, 2008

At the Drop of a Hat

I really look forward to the weekends so that I can spend a lot of time with Caleb and be more helpful to Mom. I feel like I hardly see him at night during the week and I feel like I don't get to pitch in
as much by soothing him when he is upset, by changing diapers, etc. So the weekends are great because I get to hang out with Caleb and take on my share of the responsibility.

This afternoon, Caleb and I were spending some time together and I had laid him on my lap. He was gurgling, waving his arms around and generally doing well. But as we have learned, his mood can change on a dime. Mom took five pictures of Caleb on my lap. In that time frame, he went from content in the first picture to unhappy in the second picture.

Mom got some more pictures later in the day. We are really amazed at how much personality Caleb already has at just a few days over a month old. He has different expressions and ways of holding his head. This is one of my favorite ways to look at Caleb. He fully extends his neck and you can really see his jaw line. We've been able to spend lots of time together today as a family and have had a really good day.

No comments: