A chronicle of the first year of Caleb's life. Share with me the ups, the downs, the joys and the sorrows of this new adventure called fatherhood.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, April 11, 2008

Site Update

Dad has posted several entries last night and today. Dad finally got home internet earlier this week which will make keeping the site up to date. I had to post several entries as once in order to get caught up and post a picture from each day since last Friday. Now that the site is up to date, my intention is to post a new entry each night. I hope everyone will check back often to check out Caleb's latest adventures.

EXPLANATION
I have made several references to TuTu who I initially explained was Caleb's paternal grandmother. I wanted to clarify that Caleb's paternal grandmother was not a dancer and is not named after a frilly garment worn by a ballerina.

TuTu is the Hawaiian word for grandmother. Caleb's Great-Grandmother used to spend vacations in Hawaii. She learned the word for grandmother and wanted her grandchildren to call her TuTu. Dad was too old and too much in the habit to switch from Grandmother to TuTu, however, several of Dad's younger cousins referred to her as TuTu. Caleb's TuTu decided it was a nice unique name and a good tribute to TuTu's mother, so that is what she has chosen to be called. I suppose it is not necessarily accurate to capitalize both T's, but since that is what I have started doing, I will continue doing so.

No comments: