A chronicle of the first year of Caleb's life. Share with me the ups, the downs, the joys and the sorrows of this new adventure called fatherhood.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Little Dude

We got this onesie for Caleb a few weeks ago. I was going through a phase where I was referring to Caleb as "dude" and so I thought this shirt was humorous and appropriate. Mom wasn't so thrilled with my use of the word "dude". The ironic thing is that I have stopped using that word now that he is wearing the onesie. I didn't consiously stop calling him dude and I don't really remember when I stopped doing it. I must have been some where along the way during our trips over the past month.

The first picture was taken this morning just before Mom and Caleb headed out the door for the day. He had only been dressed for a few minutes, yet you can see that Caleb has already drooled all over the the shirt. One of the reasons Mom thinks Caleb is already teething is because he drools a lot.

He has been drooling so much that we've been putting bibs on him to keep the clothes dry. The funny thing is that right now, in addition to the drool, his other activity lately is to grab anything he can. He is also trying to figure out how to get things in his mouth. When He has his bib on, he grabs on to it and tries to eat. Between the stuffing of the bib in his mouth and the general arm waving, his bibs don't stay straight very long. Mom sent me this second picture because caleb had completely turned the bib backwards. It doesn't do much good that way.

No comments: