A chronicle of the first year of Caleb's life. Share with me the ups, the downs, the joys and the sorrows of this new adventure called fatherhood.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, August 29, 2008

Opposite Day

When I came home tonight, Mom was busy getting dinner ready and Caleb was nearby in his bouncy seat. When I got to where I could look at him, he was busy chewing on his pacifier, but rather than sucking on the nipple like a normal baby, Caleb had it turned around and was chewing on the ring. I tried to say hi to him and get him to acknowledge me with a grin, but he was far too interested in the pacifier to pay me any attention.

After dinner, I took Caleb into the nursery to change his diaper. He has been drooling excessively lately and so his the front of whatever he is wearing gets soaking wet. Since it was pretty close to
bath and bed time, I didn't bother putting any clothes on him.

We took him into the living room laid him on the quilt to play. Mom gave him his crocodile rattle, but in honor of the Miami/Florida game next week, we're calling it a Gator this week. Mom protested because it is obvious the rattle is supposed to be a crocodile, but sports passion trumped scientfic accuracy this time.

Caleb has started grasping this rattle like a little dumbbell and he can get a pretty good grip on it. Mom said he is starting to get good control of it. I asked her what she meant, and she said he can hold it out in front of him without dropping it. Shortly after saying that, Caleb jerked his hand toward his face and knocked himself silly with the rattle. He looked stunned for a second then when about his business. I told Mom the better description is that he is getting stronger, not better control.

BONUS PICTURE: Not much to say, just another cute bath picture.

No comments: