A chronicle of the first year of Caleb's life. Share with me the ups, the downs, the joys and the sorrows of this new adventure called fatherhood.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

He's Global Now

Nanny is not keeping Caleb by himself. In addition to Mom, another teacher at school had a baby over the summer named Marissa. Nanny is keeping Marissa in the mornings while the other teacher works part time this school year, then she has just Caleb in the afternoon. A couple of days ago, Mom realized that Nanny was taking them outside and she was pushing Marissa in her stroller and carrying Caleb. Caleb is bigger and heavier than Marissa (even though she's only a couple of months younger, she really is tiny), so Mom took Caleb's stroller to school today to make it easier for Nanny. She can push Caleb and carry Marissa who is much lighter.

Dad had a pretty busy day today. I had a meeting after work that made me miss bible class last night, but I had a meeting at the church building scheduled after bible class. I was worried I wasn't going to see Caleb at all yesterday. Fortunately, my first meeting got out early and I was able to get to the church building about 15 minutes before classes were over. So when I got to the building, I went to get Caleb out of the cradle roll class. This is the chair he sits in right now and the teacher hands him things to hold and chew on and he sits and watches her. When I got there, I expected to just hang out with him, but when I took him out of the seat, we realized he had filled his diaper, so I had to change him first. But then I got to spend a few minutes with him before Mom took him home and I went to my meeting.

In each of these pictures, you'll notice Caleb is wearing some little green booties. I have some friends from my days in Gainesville who are now serving in the Peace Corps. They are in China teaching English at a Chinese school. Earlier this year, I helped arrange for our group at church to send some English books over to China so their students could have a library to practice their English skills. They recently sent us a nice little thank you package with several Chinese products. They sent us these knit booties for Caleb. We are so grateful for friends worldwide who love us and love Caleb even though they have only ever seen pictures of him.

2 comments:

alison said...

I'm so glad you got the package! Do you like the stamp? ;)

Unknown said...

I dig the green shoes!