A chronicle of the first year of Caleb's life. Share with me the ups, the downs, the joys and the sorrows of this new adventure called fatherhood.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, May 9, 2008

Sticking His Neck Out

This morning, Mom left the house early to take breakfast to her teachers in honor of Teacher Appreciation Week and Dad stayed home with Caleb. It was much earlier than Dad would like to be awake but, of course, Caleb did not want to sleep so I had to get up and take care of him. I sat in my desk chair with Caleb on my shoulder. He kept pushing up off my shoulder and looking around. He eventually went to sleep on my lap until Mom came home.

This evening, Mom was reclining on the couch with Caleb on his stomach on her chest. Mom called me in to look at Caleb to see that he was holding his head up looking around and looking at Mom.

Caleb is not even six weeks old yet and he is already holding his head up. Tonight I sat Caleb on the back of the couch and held onto him so he could look around while Mom took this picture of him. His development is amazing. It is fun to watch his changes and I enjoy his determination as he wants to pick his head up. I guess it will only be a matter of time before he is sitting on his own and we can interact with him.

No comments: