A chronicle of the first year of Caleb's life. Share with me the ups, the downs, the joys and the sorrows of this new adventure called fatherhood.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Crocodile Tears

Thursday, July 10, 2008

One of the things Mom had read about babies is that they do not have tears the first few months of their life, but they start forming tears around the third month. We've been watching for that first tear for a few weeks now. Mom saw Caleb shed a tear early on in Columbia. I didn't see it, so it became a running joke for me to argue that Caleb was not crying tears yet. Whatshername saw the tear and always took Mom's side. Because he is so tired still, Caleb has been crying a lot since we got back from Tennessee. He was crying when I got home from work on Thursday, so I took him while Mom finished fixing dinner. That is most definitely a tear on top of Caleb's cheek and as far as I am concerned, it is his first tear (due to the fact that it is the first one we can document).

No comments: