A chronicle of the first year of Caleb's life. Share with me the ups, the downs, the joys and the sorrows of this new adventure called fatherhood.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Roly Poly

Caleb continues to be a roly poly and it is getting more and more difficult to keep Caleb confined to a small area. It is not uncommon to lay Caleb down and see him immediately roll over multiple times. In fact, just about every morning, we find Caleb sleeping on his stomach even though he goes down on his back. Mom snapped this picture at work this afternoon as Caleb rolls off of his quilt.

It has become quite apparent that Caleb does not discriminate when it comes to what he is willing to put in his mouth. During dinner, he was sitting between us in the bouncy seat as we ate dinner. I put
my foot in front of him and he immediately grabbed my foot and was trying to pull it into his mouth. I would pull my foot away and his fact would go blank, then I would put my foot back up and it would really excite him. Mom did not like this game very much because she thought it was gross even though I put on clean socks when I came home.

Mom bought Caleb some new pacifiers this week. I was surprised to find out that pacifiers are sized just like baby clothes are. The plastic nipple is bigger. You learn something new every day. Anyway, Mom gave Caleb a couple of the new pacifiers tonight to try them out. He didn't flat out reject them, but it will probably take some time before he is fully comfortable with them. What is obvious though is that Caleb liked playing with them.

No comments: