A chronicle of the first year of Caleb's life. Share with me the ups, the downs, the joys and the sorrows of this new adventure called fatherhood.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, October 6, 2008

Food is Fun!

Mom fed Caleb his dinner tonight. I am going to be feeding Caleb in the morning and will usually do so in the evening with Mom feeding Caleb in the middle of the day. I had to cut the grass after I came home work. It's hard to capture how messy Caleb is when he eats his rice cereal because the rice cereal is pale and does not stick out against his ski. I tried to blow up this pictures a little bit so you could see the rice cereal all over his chest. If you can see the rice cereal, you can see why we are feeding him in just a diaper right now. We should keep a hose nearby to spray him down at the end, but we don't have a spout in the house.

Mom took this picture while we were eating our dinner. She took the picture because she said I was teasing Caleb with a crescent roll. This picture is also a good example of what Caleb has looked like the last few meals we've had. He opens his mouth and strains toward whoever is eating as if he hopes something will just fall into his mouth. It's ironic that Mom acccused me of teasing Caleb with my bread because we had Drumsticks after dinner. Mom was holding Caleb and eating her cone at the same time. She was holdin her cone just out of his reach as he strained to get a swipe at it with his toungue. Mom was fully aware of Caleb's efforts and she seemed to egg him on by holding the cone in front of him. She justified it by saying that it made her laugh which, in turn, made Caleb laugh (at least partially true).

After dinner we all laid down on the bed together and spent some family time playing with Caleb. He was in a good mood after his dinner and was extremely playful. It was truly a pleasure spending time together as a family. I can't think of a place I would rather have been.

No comments: