A chronicle of the first year of Caleb's life. Share with me the ups, the downs, the joys and the sorrows of this new adventure called fatherhood.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 14, 2008

Music Man

As I predicted, once Caleb makes the correlation between the musical cat on his jungle gym and the sounds he hears, we are going to hear the music alot, and probably grow tired of it.

We use the jungle gym alot. It keeps him off the tile and it keeps him entertained when we need a break or just one of us is home with him and we need to do something like cook dinner.

Since we returned from Tennessee, it has become apparent that he likes the music the cat plays. If you spin the ball and he hears the music, it usually makes him smile. It has become obvious that Caleb is gaining more control over his arms and hands. On Sunday night at our life group, Mom gave him a teething ring. He grapsed it with both hands and it went straight into his mouth. So we know that he is learning how to control his hands more. What we are really waiting for is for him to reach out and grab something that we have not practically put into his hand (I know I'm going to regret this statement in the coming months and years) and we are waiting for him to make the correlation between his actions and the consequence.

Tonight, I was sitting on one side of the couch playing a video game. Mom had Caleb on the other side of the couch in the kitchen and she put him down on the jungle gym while she stepped out of the room. I couldn't see Caleb, but I could hear him cooing and kicking. Within the first couple of minutes after Mom left the room, I heard the musical cat play three times. I paused my game and walked around the couch and I saw Caleb holding his hand right in front of the cat. I called Mom into the room and he played the song several more times. Mom got this picture of Caleb before he grew tired of the game. We heard the songs several times last night, but we are just so thrilled with Caleb's achievement that they do not bother us yet.

No comments: