A chronicle of the first year of Caleb's life. Share with me the ups, the downs, the joys and the sorrows of this new adventure called fatherhood.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Repeat

Tuesay, July 15, 2008

The theme of this post is probably going to seem repetitive, monotonous and like a bit of deja vu. That's because it is. I try to be imaginitive, but I'm limited by my source material and Caleb just hasn't given me much else to write about.

Tonight, prior to our bible study, we went to eat at a Chinese place near the Starbucks where our bible study is located. I met Mom and Caleb there after work. Generally, Caleb has done well and allowed us to continue to enjoy eating out.
However, he was exceptionally good tonight. When I got to the restaurant, he was in a good mood. I played with him for a while and he sat in my lap while I ate my egg drop soup. Before the entrees came, Caleb went back in the car seat. He sat there quietly through our whole meal and entertained himself. Before I arrive at the restaurant, Mom said Caleb was fascinated with his rattle socks and was trying to reach out and grab one of them. Unfortunately, he didn't figure out he had to somehow make his foot and hand work together at the same time.

Toward the end of the meal, I put Caleb back in my lap. Our waitress brought us three fortune cookies, so of course I gave one to Caleb since it is bad luck to open someone else's fortune. Caleb immediately took it and began to examine it and squeeze it. He actually cracked it open, so we were able to retrieve the fortune. (I don't remember what it said).

I also gave Caleb the fortune, but Mom was worried it would go in his mouth. At one point he crumpled it in his fist and it could not be seen. Mom got really worried, but I knew where it was the whole time.

By this time tomorrow, we'll be in New Mexico having all manner of adventures and hopefully I'll be blogging each day if I can remember all of the equipment. I hope the change of scenery will give me something else to write about.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have a great trip and dont forget the plug