A chronicle of the first year of Caleb's life. Share with me the ups, the downs, the joys and the sorrows of this new adventure called fatherhood.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, August 22, 2008

More of the Same

As a follow up to yesterday's picture, I thought I'd share with you another picture of Caleb in his crib. This was taken this afternoon while Caleb. This picture is remarkable for a couple of reasons. First, the picture did not wake him up because there was no flash. Second, it is unusual for Caleb to nap in his crib. He usually naps with Mom, in his swing or the bouncy seat. He's used to sleeping in his crib at night when it's dark and he can easily fall back asleep. Invariably, when we lay him down, it causes him to stir. During the daytime, it's too bright in there and usually wakes all the way up. However, today he stayed asleep and took a nice nap in there.

We had made plans with some people from church, so when I got home from work, we were waiting on them to get in touch with us. I got some nice play time in with Caleb before dinner.
First, we read a little book. By read, I mean Caleb listened for a second then took the book out of my handed and proceeded to chew on it. It should be interesting when he gets a little older and we have to teach him to distinguish between his books (chewable) and my books (non-chewable).

I also spent a few minutes with him playing on the jungle gym. I was dangling one of the toys in front of him. He was pretty excited by this game. So excited in fact that he kicked off one of his socks.

Caleb is fun boy. Seeing him when I get home from work is definitely one of the highlights of my day.

No comments: